Bonifacio Global City was once part of a multi-hectare portion of Taguig that the United States government acquired in 1902 and operated as a military base. Christened Fort McKinley after US President William McKinley, it was the headquarters of the Philippine Scouts, the Philippine Division of the United States Army.
Fort McKinley Military Base
– Fort McKinley was turned over to the Philippine Goverment
Renamed as Fort Bonifacio – the permanent headquarters of the Philippine Army
BCDA managed 240 hectares of the land for productive civilian use
Ayala Land and Evergreen Holdings entered a partnership with BCDA to develop Fort Bonifacio to what is now called Bonifacio Global City